JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Investigators blame a cooking incident for starting a fire at the Englewood Boulevard home.
The body of the homeowner, 64-year-old Robert Griffith, was found in the kitchen area of the house.
Fire crews got the call just after 1:00 a.m. Friday.
We're told the fire then spread through other parts of the house.
The state fire marshal along with crews from Johnson City police and fire departments are still looking into the fire.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire