JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Investigators blame a cooking incident for starting a fire at the Englewood Boulevard home.
The body of the homeowner, 64-year-old Robert Griffith, was found in the kitchen area of the house.
Fire crews got the call just after 1:00 a.m. Friday.
We're told the fire then spread through other parts of the house.
The state fire marshal along with crews from Johnson City police and fire departments are still looking into the fire.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all