JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Investigators blame a cooking incident for starting a fire at the Englewood Boulevard home.
The body of the homeowner, 64-year-old Robert Griffith, was found in the kitchen area of the house.
Fire crews got the call just after 1:00 a.m. Friday.
We're told the fire then spread through other parts of the house.
The state fire marshal along with crews from Johnson City police and fire departments are still looking into the fire.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane