JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Investigators blame a cooking incident for starting a fire at the Englewood Boulevard home.
The body of the homeowner, 64-year-old Robert Griffith, was found in the kitchen area of the house.
Fire crews got the call just after 1:00 a.m. Friday.
We're told the fire then spread through other parts of the house.
The state fire marshal along with crews from Johnson City police and fire departments are still looking into the fire.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone