Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City, Tennessee received a big donation Friday from a local pharmaceutical company.
Crown Laboratories presented the facility with a $10,000 check. The sizeable gift was the result of fund raising within the company, marking the second consecutive year that employees have dedicated part of their pay to help the hospital.
"One of the most important things is work-life balance and it's talking about a life here at Crown but more importantly what you give back to the community as you leave Crown or as you leave work," said CEO Jeff Bedard.
- New Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- New Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone