JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The man convicted of shooting a WJHL meteorologist with a crossbow has been found dead.
Police say the body was discovered inside a vehicle at Winged Deer Park around 11 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The body was identified as 54-year-old Gerald Taylor.
Johnson City Police tell us they are investigating it as a suicide. "Right now we'll have to do an autopsy, but we don't feel like any foul play's suspected," says Sgt. Kevin Peters.
Taylor pleaded guilty in February to shooting his former partner, Rob Batot, also known as Rob Williams.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone