JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The man convicted of shooting a WJHL meteorologist with a crossbow has been found dead.
Police say the body was discovered inside a vehicle at Winged Deer Park around 11 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The body was identified as 54-year-old Gerald Taylor.
Johnson City Police tell us they are investigating it as a suicide. "Right now we'll have to do an autopsy, but we don't feel like any foul play's suspected," says Sgt. Kevin Peters.
Taylor pleaded guilty in February to shooting his former partner, Rob Batot, also known as Rob Williams.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport