Johnson City, Tenn. - Construction for Northeast State's Johnson City teaching site on East Market Street will soon be underway.
We've learned the bid has been awarded for phase one to Armstrong Construction based in Kingsport. The company is expected to begin work in two to three weeks.
It will involve demolition and external improvements. The work is expected to take up to three months.
Phase two will include the installation of a new HVAC system. Phase three will be classroom construction and renovation of offices.
Classes could start at that location as soon as the fall of next year.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend