Johnson City, Tenn. - Construction for Northeast State's Johnson City teaching site on East Market Street will soon be underway.
We've learned the bid has been awarded for phase one to Armstrong Construction based in Kingsport. The company is expected to begin work in two to three weeks.
It will involve demolition and external improvements. The work is expected to take up to three months.
Phase two will include the installation of a new HVAC system. Phase three will be classroom construction and renovation of offices.
Classes could start at that location as soon as the fall of next year.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial