Johnson City, Tenn. - Construction for Northeast State's Johnson City teaching site on East Market Street will soon be underway.
We've learned the bid has been awarded for phase one to Armstrong Construction based in Kingsport. The company is expected to begin work in two to three weeks.
It will involve demolition and external improvements. The work is expected to take up to three months.
Phase two will include the installation of a new HVAC system. Phase three will be classroom construction and renovation of offices.
Classes could start at that location as soon as the fall of next year.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities