JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Thieves are targeting a Johnson City cemetery.
At the historic Oak Hill Cemetery near downtown, someone has stolen a Confederate flag twice in the past two weeks.
The flag, which is provided by the Daughters of the Confederacy, was flying on a pole placed in the section of the cemetery where many confederate soldiers are buried.
"It's just heartbreaking to see people doing stuff like this because it's just ignorant in my eyes. I just don't believe in doing stuff like that," says Tim McKinney, the cemetery's owner.
The Daughters of the Confederacy plans of replacing the flag and the cemetery is considering getting security cameras to keep this from happening again.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death