JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Friends and family are remembering the life of a Johnson City girl who died after complications from pneumonia.
Taylor Smith came down with the flu last week, then passed away on Sunday despite being very healthy overall.
12-year-old Taylor Smith's aunt Kathy Oakes told News 5 Taylor was a 7th grade student at Liberty Bell Middle School in Johnson City. Her family said she was very outgoing and involved in the Christian-based group Living Faith, and she performed with the Jonesborough Repertory Theatre.
Her mother's co-workers at George Washington Elementary School in Kingsport are helping pay for her funeral.
Hosanna Fellowship Church is accepting donations for Taylor's memorial fund. You can donate by calling (423) 477-0774.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake