JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A new effort to raise money for a local children's hospital is underway.
Niswonger Children's Hospital officials unveiled the new fundraising campaign Wednesday morning. It will conclude with a radiothon March 3-5, 2013 on Holston Valley Broadcasting Stations.
Several sponsors are already starting to raise money for the hospital by offering specials to customers.
The following corporate sponsors invite the community to join in their commitment to raise funds for the hospital:
Chick-Fil-A, Nov. 7 – Dec. 31, 2012: Chick-Fil-A will donate a percentage of every catering tray sold at seven regional stores.
Walgreens, January 2013: Walgreens will offer customers the opportunity to donate $1 with every purchase.
Food City, January 2013, and during the radiothon days: Food City Kids' Club will donate a percentage of select Food Club items.
Roadrunner Markets, February 2013: A percentage of profit from every cup of coffee sold in in 82 regional stores will be designated for Niswonger Children's Hospital.
Ruby Tuesday, March 2013: Seven locations will donate 20% of sales in partnership with Ruby Tuesday's GiveBack program.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project