JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A traffic stop results in a drug bust in Johnson City.
Police say 31-year-old Anthony Dewayne Rutherford, of Clarksville, Tennessee, was arrested Tuesday afternoon after his vehicle was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 26.
Johnson City officers say during the stop, they found marijuana, ecstasy and cocaine. Rutherford is now charged with resale of Schedule I drugs, resale of schedule 6, and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $21,000.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend