JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A traffic stop results in a drug bust in Johnson City.
Police say 31-year-old Anthony Dewayne Rutherford, of Clarksville, Tennessee, was arrested Tuesday afternoon after his vehicle was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 26.
Johnson City officers say during the stop, they found marijuana, ecstasy and cocaine. Rutherford is now charged with resale of Schedule I drugs, resale of schedule 6, and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $21,000.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game