JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A traffic stop results in a drug bust in Johnson City.
Police say 31-year-old Anthony Dewayne Rutherford, of Clarksville, Tennessee, was arrested Tuesday afternoon after his vehicle was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 26.
Johnson City officers say during the stop, they found marijuana, ecstasy and cocaine. Rutherford is now charged with resale of Schedule I drugs, resale of schedule 6, and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $21,000.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project