JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A traffic stop results in a drug bust in Johnson City.
Police say 31-year-old Anthony Dewayne Rutherford, of Clarksville, Tennessee, was arrested Tuesday afternoon after his vehicle was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 26.
Johnson City officers say during the stop, they found marijuana, ecstasy and cocaine. Rutherford is now charged with resale of Schedule I drugs, resale of schedule 6, and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where his bond was set at $21,000.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting