JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson City Police is joining forces with the Johnson City Municpal Court to encourage the payment of outstanding balances.
They will now submit deliquent citations to a collection agency and will post a list of outstanding citations on their website. The Police Depatment hopes people will check the website and fix any citations before being sent to collections.
If a citation is submitted to collections before it is given to collections there is an additional 17 percent cost added.
If you have any questions regarding the deliquent citations you can call the Johnson City Police Department Records at 423-434-6160.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash