WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Two suspects connected to a shootout that involved a Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper are scheduled to be in court Tuesday morning for a preliminary hearing.
The trooper involved is expected to take the stand and testify.
Derrick Kitzmiller is charged with attempted second degree murder. Police say he drove the car that led them on the chase and ended with a shootout with the trooper in Washington County, Tennessee two weeks ago.
Court records identify the passenger of the car as Jennifer Russell who is charged with evading arrest, among other charges.
We will have a crew in the courtroom and will bring you more later on-air and online.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane