WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Two suspects connected to a shootout that involved a Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper are scheduled to be in court Tuesday morning for a preliminary hearing.
The trooper involved is expected to take the stand and testify.
Derrick Kitzmiller is charged with attempted second degree murder. Police say he drove the car that led them on the chase and ended with a shootout with the trooper in Washington County, Tennessee two weeks ago.
Court records identify the passenger of the car as Jennifer Russell who is charged with evading arrest, among other charges.
We will have a crew in the courtroom and will bring you more later on-air and online.
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court