WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Two suspects connected to a shootout that involved a Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper are scheduled to be in court Tuesday morning for a preliminary hearing.
The trooper involved is expected to take the stand and testify.
Derrick Kitzmiller is charged with attempted second degree murder. Police say he drove the car that led them on the chase and ended with a shootout with the trooper in Washington County, Tennessee two weeks ago.
Court records identify the passenger of the car as Jennifer Russell who is charged with evading arrest, among other charges.
We will have a crew in the courtroom and will bring you more later on-air and online.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash