The story of a father's parting gift to his daughter has reached thousands of people since the woman posted her story on social media last week.
The father of Bailey Sellers, a student at ETSU, arranged to have flowers delivered to her on her birthday shortly before his death from cancer in 2013. The yearly gifts have come to close after she reached her 21st birthday.
Sellers said she dreaded her birthday because of the hard memories is brought to mind but she says she is thankful for the message and thought that comes with each flower delivery.
Since Sellers posted the story on her Twitter account, the post has been shared more than 360,000 times and liked by 1.4 million people.
News 5's Tiana Bohner will speak with Sellers and provide more details on this heartwarming story later this evening.
My dad passed away when I was 16 from cancer and before he died he pre payed flowers so i could receive them every year on my birthday. Well this is my 21st birthday flowers and the last. Miss you so much daddy. 💜 pic.twitter.com/vSafKyB2uO— Bailey Sellers (@SellersBailey) November 24, 2017
- Kingsport veteran and his mother receive Holston Habitat home
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need