JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The ETSU campus was on a high alert Tuesday evening after it was put on lockdown following an off-campus incident.
We spoke with Director of Media Relations Joe Smith. He told us Public Safety got a tip that a suspect in an off-campus domestic situation may be headed toward campus.
We're told officials did not know if he was armed but did know he had an acquaintance in one of the dorms.
Smith tells us officers encouraged students to stay in their locked rooms while they searched the dorm. The suspect was not found and the campus was given the "all clear."
Smith says the campus did not want to take any chances and that's why the dorm was locked down.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations