A California man has been charged with aggravated assault stemming from an incident last week outside of the John Sevier Center in Johnson City.
Christopher James Vanhorn, 32, of Lamont, California was arrested Tuesday on one count of aggravated assault and one count of simple assault – intimidation.
According to authorities, officers responded to reports of an altercation outside of the John Sevier Center on May 24. Authorities determined that the victim had been threatened with a knife following a verbal dispute and the investigation led to Vanhorn being charged.
Vanhorn was already in the Washington County Detention Center on unrelated warrants. He is being held on a $51,000 bond.
- Marion churches "adopt a cop" to strengthen community relations
- Bear concerns: Shady Valley residents say they're living in fear after a bear attack
- Early morning fire destroys landmark in Buchanan County
- Tennessee GOP gubernatorial candidate Black details sexual misconduct in Nashville
- Report: Two dead in shooting at Penn State Beaver campus