JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Bus drivers will get into Johnson City Cardinals games for free July 16-19.
The team Tweeted they're doing this because of what they're calling a "bus adventure" on Friday night.
General manager Tyler Parsons told us they were in Greeneville when their bus driver, who was having a bad night, grabbed his keys and left the bus. Parsons said the team was left stranded without a way home for about 45 minutes.
He told us the free admission is the team's way of offering a stress-free night to drivers so this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Drivers need to bring their commercial drivers license to the game in order to get in for free.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend