JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Bristol, Virginia couple is now facing charges in Johnson City. They are accused of stealing from home overnight.
Johnson City Police tell News 5, 31-year-old Chad Green, and his wife, 37-year-old Crystal Green, were arrested early Thursday morning after police responded to a home on Sugar Mill Drive. There, police were told a gray truck was seen in front of a house, with someone loading items into the back.
Police say, the vehicle was spotted driving down North State of Franklin Road a short time later, and police stopped the truck, with the Greens inside, on Browns Mill Road. We're told, police found a patio set, valued at more than a $1,000, on the back of their truck. That patio set had been confirmed as missing from the home on Sugar Mill Drive.
Chad and Crystal Green are now charged with theft of property over $500. They are expected to be arraigned in Washington County, Tennessee General Sessions Court Thursday afternoon.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash