JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - UPDATE 4 p.m.: JCPD released the following information about the robbery:
"On August 21, 2013, at approximately 4:22 p.m., the Boones Creek Pharmacy located at 4729 N. Roan Street, Suite # 2, Johnson City was robbed by a white male subject. The unknown male entered the pharmacy and demanded narcotics from employees while brandishing a firearm.
The unknown male, pictured [above] was described as a white male, approximately 5'10" to 6'0" tall, 185 to 200 pounds, light-colored hair wearing a camouflage baseball-style hat, black long sleeve shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone recognizing the pictured subject is asked to contact the Johnson City Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division at 423-434-6166, Crimestoppers at 423-434-6158, or anonymous tips can be submitted by texting 423JCPD and your tip to 847411 (TIP411) or to submit via the internet at www.citizen observer.com.
Johnson City authorities are searching for the person they say robbed a pharmacy Wednesday.
Dispatchers tell us it happened around 4:30pm at Boones Creek Pharmacy on North Roan Street.
Police say the person had a gun and got away with drugs.
If you have any information please contact the Johnson City Police Department.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting