JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Downtown Johnson City's big annual festival is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year with three days of music, storytelling, food and fun beginning Friday June 6.
Blue Plum organizers are asking for volunteers to help in all facets of the festival.
Media Chair Dianna Cantler tells us that volunteers are the secret to the success of the festival. "There's a volunteer team that plans all the different events during the year," she said. "And then we love our city public works and all that they do. If it wasn't for those volunteers that come and give two, four, six hours, there would be no way that the festival could happen."
The Blue Plum festival kicks off on Friday, June 6 at 11 a.m. in downtown Johnson City and runs through late Sunday afternoon, June 8.
For more information log onto www.blueplum.org.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane