JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Downtown Johnson City's big annual festival is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year with three days of music, storytelling, food and fun beginning Friday June 6.
Blue Plum organizers are asking for volunteers to help in all facets of the festival.
Media Chair Dianna Cantler tells us that volunteers are the secret to the success of the festival. "There's a volunteer team that plans all the different events during the year," she said. "And then we love our city public works and all that they do. If it wasn't for those volunteers that come and give two, four, six hours, there would be no way that the festival could happen."
The Blue Plum festival kicks off on Friday, June 6 at 11 a.m. in downtown Johnson City and runs through late Sunday afternoon, June 8.
For more information log onto www.blueplum.org.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone