Blood Assurance will be hosting Labor Day blood drives.
In Johnson City, the non-profit is holding a blood drive at the Lowe's on Marketplace Blvd. It runs from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
A blood drive is also being held at Emory & Henry College's Van Dyke Hall. It runs from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Blood Assurance's blood center in Abingdon is also open on Labor Day from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
To be eligible to donate blood, you must be at least 17 years old (16 years old with parental consent), weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. The process usually takes about 30 minutes and includes a complimentary snack and t-shirt. Donors are asked to drink plenty of fluids - avoiding caffeine - and eat a meal that is rich in iron prior to donating.
For more information about donating blood, please call Blood Assurance at 1-800-962-0628 or go to www.BloodAssurance.org
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome