Blood Assurance will be hosting Labor Day blood drives.
In Johnson City, the non-profit is holding a blood drive at the Lowe's on Marketplace Blvd. It runs from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
A blood drive is also being held at Emory & Henry College's Van Dyke Hall. It runs from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Blood Assurance's blood center in Abingdon is also open on Labor Day from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
To be eligible to donate blood, you must be at least 17 years old (16 years old with parental consent), weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. The process usually takes about 30 minutes and includes a complimentary snack and t-shirt. Donors are asked to drink plenty of fluids - avoiding caffeine - and eat a meal that is rich in iron prior to donating.
For more information about donating blood, please call Blood Assurance at 1-800-962-0628 or go to www.BloodAssurance.org
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court