JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - There's always a need for people to donate blood that will stay in our community and help people locally.
That's why a new full service blood center has come to Johnson City. Blood Assurance has a contract with Mountain States Health Alliance to be the exclusive provider of blood to its hospitals in Southwest Virginia, as well as the Johnson City Medical Center.
Mike Patterson, Donor Recruiter for Blood Assurance, says, "The best way to do that was to come to the community, open up our own center, start doing our own drives, and let the community support these local hospitals. So that's what led us here."
Blood Assurance is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. They can take a regular one-pint donation, or a platelet draw.
If you want to take a tour of the new facility, the grand opening is next Thursday, January 23.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin