JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - They've eaten their turkey and enjoyed their pumpkin pie; now they're hitting the mall. According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), 164-million Americans are expected to be out shopping this weekend. Stores are prepared for the rush.
"We do increase staff because we do have a lot more people come in during Black Friday so we do increase the amount of people that we normally have here," says Fanatics 101 store manager KD Bowen.
Bowen says the key to a successful Black Friday is good customer service.
"Good product, good service, and just having a good deal. What we try to do is you buy three apparel items, you get the fourth one free. Everybody loves the word free. You could walk out of here with a free jersey today if you get the right deal. You also get five off thirty or ten off sixty," he says.
Marketing director of The Mall at Johnson City Kelly Roberts says making Black Friday possible is a joint effort.
"We all have to work together. It's is definitely a unified effort to get everything ready and make sure that the customers are happy and that they have the sales that they want, and that they can come to one place and get everything that they need," she says.
The Mall at Johnson City will be open through 10:00 PM Friday; hours on Saturday are 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM, and Sunday from noon to six.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder