Steven Bennett is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning on charges of second degree murder and abuse of a corpse in Johnson City.
Police believe he choked his girlfriend, Vonda Donalson, to death and then dumped her body in Watauga Lake.
According to a police report, Bennett told his family this it all started with an argument over a week ago.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend