Steven Bennett is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning on charges of second degree murder and abuse of a corpse in Johnson City.
Police believe he choked his girlfriend, Vonda Donalson, to death and then dumped her body in Watauga Lake.
According to a police report, Bennett told his family this it all started with an argument over a week ago.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial