Steven Bennett is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning on charges of second degree murder and abuse of a corpse in Johnson City.
Police believe he choked his girlfriend, Vonda Donalson, to death and then dumped her body in Watauga Lake.
According to a police report, Bennett told his family this it all started with an argument over a week ago.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue