Steven Bennett is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning on charges of second degree murder and abuse of a corpse in Johnson City.
Police believe he choked his girlfriend, Vonda Donalson, to death and then dumped her body in Watauga Lake.
According to a police report, Bennett told his family this it all started with an argument over a week ago.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect