Steven Bennett is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning on charges of second degree murder and abuse of a corpse in Johnson City.
Police believe he choked his girlfriend, Vonda Donalson, to death and then dumped her body in Watauga Lake.
According to a police report, Bennett told his family this it all started with an argument over a week ago.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting