JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A man charged with attempted first degree murder and three counts of rape may be mentally evaluated before his trial.
Eric Parker is accused of beating, raping and leaving a woman nude the parking lot of the Johnson City Lions Park one year ago on Valentine's Day.
Now, his attorney says his client may have had a head injury before the incident he's charged with and needs a psychiatric evaluation.
According to the Johnson City Press, the attorney claims Parker has little to no memory of the incident and his head injury could have affected his actions that night.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend