JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A man charged with attempted first degree murder and three counts of rape may be mentally evaluated before his trial.
Eric Parker is accused of beating, raping and leaving a woman nude the parking lot of the Johnson City Lions Park one year ago on Valentine's Day.
Now, his attorney says his client may have had a head injury before the incident he's charged with and needs a psychiatric evaluation.
According to the Johnson City Press, the attorney claims Parker has little to no memory of the incident and his head injury could have affected his actions that night.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day