JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man showed up for court in Washington County, Tennessee Tuesday and ended up going to jail on a new unrelated charge.
Johnson City Police arrested 26-year-old Dustin Smith in General Sessions Court. Officers say Smith tried to rob Gray Pharmacy on Monday afternoon.
Police say Smith pulled up to the drive-through window and demanded medication in exchange for no one being hurt, but they say he then drove away.
Witnesses told police they were scared he had a weapon because he kept his hand hidden.
Smith is being charged with attempted robbery.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program