JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man showed up for court in Washington County, Tennessee Tuesday and ended up going to jail on a new unrelated charge.
Johnson City Police arrested 26-year-old Dustin Smith in General Sessions Court. Officers say Smith tried to rob Gray Pharmacy on Monday afternoon.
Police say Smith pulled up to the drive-through window and demanded medication in exchange for no one being hurt, but they say he then drove away.
Witnesses told police they were scared he had a weapon because he kept his hand hidden.
Smith is being charged with attempted robbery.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash