JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man showed up for court in Washington County, Tennessee Tuesday and ended up going to jail on a new unrelated charge.
Johnson City Police arrested 26-year-old Dustin Smith in General Sessions Court. Officers say Smith tried to rob Gray Pharmacy on Monday afternoon.
Police say Smith pulled up to the drive-through window and demanded medication in exchange for no one being hurt, but they say he then drove away.
Witnesses told police they were scared he had a weapon because he kept his hand hidden.
Smith is being charged with attempted robbery.
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- New Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury
- Local mayor and associate admitted to bribing voters
- Suspect in stabbing of Greene Co. dog was in country illegally