JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Past and present ETSU Broadcasting students gathered Saturday.
The broadcasting department has held the broadcasting fraternity, Alpha-Sigma-Ioata, picnic for over 40 years.
It's usually held outside, but they had to move it indoors because of the weather.
We're told it's a great opportunity for everyone to meet each other, and gain some contacts.
"It's a chance for the alumni to talk to the students who are currently here in the program to get a sense of what the industry is like and maybe make connections and that kind of thing," says Professor Tammy Hayes.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition