JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Past and present ETSU Broadcasting students gathered Saturday.
The broadcasting department has held the broadcasting fraternity, Alpha-Sigma-Ioata, picnic for over 40 years.
It's usually held outside, but they had to move it indoors because of the weather.
We're told it's a great opportunity for everyone to meet each other, and gain some contacts.
"It's a chance for the alumni to talk to the students who are currently here in the program to get a sense of what the industry is like and maybe make connections and that kind of thing," says Professor Tammy Hayes.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia