JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Past and present ETSU Broadcasting students gathered Saturday.
The broadcasting department has held the broadcasting fraternity, Alpha-Sigma-Ioata, picnic for over 40 years.
It's usually held outside, but they had to move it indoors because of the weather.
We're told it's a great opportunity for everyone to meet each other, and gain some contacts.
"It's a chance for the alumni to talk to the students who are currently here in the program to get a sense of what the industry is like and maybe make connections and that kind of thing," says Professor Tammy Hayes.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash