JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Blood donations are getting back to where they need to be, but the American Red Cross says they still need your help. Winter storms and extremely cold weather forced them to cancel about 320 blood drives in 25 states.
The Red Cross is hosting several blood drives to re-build their supply including some in Johnson City.
The blood drives will be held:
Saturday, January 18
American Red Cross, 818 Sunset Drive, Johnson City, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Monday, January 20
Carver Recreation Center 322 West Watauga Avenue, Johnson City, 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm. Hosted by Johnson City/Washington County NAACP.
Wednesday, January 22
American Red Cross, 818 Sunset Drive, Johnson City, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Friday, January 24
Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church, 225 Princeton Road, Johnson City, 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County
- Deer feeding prohibited in Virginia starting September 1
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway