JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - There are new details about the man police say got into a fight with a Johnson City officer after crashing on Interstate-26.
27-year-old Anthony Williams now faces drug and weapons charges. Police say it started when an investigator stopped to help with an accident on I-26 Thursday. The investigator quickly learned Williams was wanted in Kingsport on an aggravated robbery charge.
We checked with Kingsport police and found out he is accused of robbing two people at gunpoint during two different drug deals.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal