JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - There are new details about the man police say got into a fight with a Johnson City officer after crashing on Interstate-26.
27-year-old Anthony Williams now faces drug and weapons charges. Police say it started when an investigator stopped to help with an accident on I-26 Thursday. The investigator quickly learned Williams was wanted in Kingsport on an aggravated robbery charge.
We checked with Kingsport police and found out he is accused of robbing two people at gunpoint during two different drug deals.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game