JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - There are new details about the man police say got into a fight with a Johnson City officer after crashing on Interstate-26.
27-year-old Anthony Williams now faces drug and weapons charges. Police say it started when an investigator stopped to help with an accident on I-26 Thursday. The investigator quickly learned Williams was wanted in Kingsport on an aggravated robbery charge.
We checked with Kingsport police and found out he is accused of robbing two people at gunpoint during two different drug deals.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend