JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - There are new details about the man police say got into a fight with a Johnson City officer after crashing on Interstate-26.
27-year-old Anthony Williams now faces drug and weapons charges. Police say it started when an investigator stopped to help with an accident on I-26 Thursday. The investigator quickly learned Williams was wanted in Kingsport on an aggravated robbery charge.
We checked with Kingsport police and found out he is accused of robbing two people at gunpoint during two different drug deals.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides