JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - There are new details about the man police say got into a fight with a Johnson City officer after crashing on Interstate-26.
27-year-old Anthony Williams now faces drug and weapons charges. Police say it started when an investigator stopped to help with an accident on I-26 Thursday. The investigator quickly learned Williams was wanted in Kingsport on an aggravated robbery charge.
We checked with Kingsport police and found out he is accused of robbing two people at gunpoint during two different drug deals.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape