JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local company is literally helping build a new fine arts building at East Tennessee State University.
Johnson City-based General Shale Brick announced Tuesday morning they are donating 250,000 bricks toward the $38 million project.
The university has been planning this addition for many years. The state approved $1.5 million for planning purposes earlier in 2014.
ETSU must raise $9 million locally; so far the campaign has generated more than $6 million.
Brick donations are nothing new for General Shale, -- the company has given ETSU more than a million bricks over the past few years.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane