JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local company is literally helping build a new fine arts building at East Tennessee State University.
Johnson City-based General Shale Brick announced Tuesday morning they are donating 250,000 bricks toward the $38 million project.
The university has been planning this addition for many years. The state approved $1.5 million for planning purposes earlier in 2014.
ETSU must raise $9 million locally; so far the campaign has generated more than $6 million.
Brick donations are nothing new for General Shale, -- the company has given ETSU more than a million bricks over the past few years.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo