JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local company is literally helping build a new fine arts building at East Tennessee State University.
Johnson City-based General Shale Brick announced Tuesday morning they are donating 250,000 bricks toward the $38 million project.
The university has been planning this addition for many years. The state approved $1.5 million for planning purposes earlier in 2014.
ETSU must raise $9 million locally; so far the campaign has generated more than $6 million.
Brick donations are nothing new for General Shale, -- the company has given ETSU more than a million bricks over the past few years.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire