Two Johnson City nurses have been indicted by a grand jury on charges related to drug diversion and fraud.
According to investigators, they were contacted in February about allegations that Sarah Elizabeth Thacker was using her position as a registered nurse with the Johnson City Medical Center and Franklin Woods Hospital to fraudulently obtain controlled substances. Thacker is also accused of diverting hydrocodone pills prescribed to patients for her own benefit.
State officials also provided information on Kimberly Click who is charged with fraudulently obtaining controlled substances for her own use while working as a registered nurse with Johnson City Medical Center.
Both women turned themselves in.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder