JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Leaders in one local city approved spending money to build extra space for students.
Here's what we learned: the Johnson City School System's finance director told us city commissioners approved $1.4 million for a contract to build eight extra classrooms at Indian Trail Intermediate School.
We're told the school board has already approved the project, and the need for more space at Indian Trail follows this year's reconfiguration of students across the school system.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator