JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Leaders in one local city approved spending money to build extra space for students.
Here's what we learned: the Johnson City School System's finance director told us city commissioners approved $1.4 million for a contract to build eight extra classrooms at Indian Trail Intermediate School.
We're told the school board has already approved the project, and the need for more space at Indian Trail follows this year's reconfiguration of students across the school system.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims