JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Leaders in one local city approved spending money to build extra space for students.
Here's what we learned: the Johnson City School System's finance director told us city commissioners approved $1.4 million for a contract to build eight extra classrooms at Indian Trail Intermediate School.
We're told the school board has already approved the project, and the need for more space at Indian Trail follows this year's reconfiguration of students across the school system.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting