JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Leaders in one local city approved spending money to build extra space for students.
Here's what we learned: the Johnson City School System's finance director told us city commissioners approved $1.4 million for a contract to build eight extra classrooms at Indian Trail Intermediate School.
We're told the school board has already approved the project, and the need for more space at Indian Trail follows this year's reconfiguration of students across the school system.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Updated Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law