BRISTOL, Tenn. - King University in Bristol, Tennessee hosted a vigil for a student killed early Sunday night.
We're told 24-year-old Deshaun Greer was a student at King. Greer died after being shot outside of a Johnson City bar Sunday morning.
According to the university's chaplain Greer would have graduated this year.
Police in Johnson City arrested 24-year-old Jamarcus Jackson. He's charged with second degree murder, attempted second degree murder, reckless endangerment, aggravated assault, unlawful possession of a weapon by a felon and possession of marijuana. Police say Jackson is a convicted felon.
Three other men were also hurt in the shooting, including Greer's younger brother.
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween