Pilot Flying J CEO and Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam told a trucking convention Thursday that he was "absolutely not" aware of a federal investigation into his company.
Haslam told the group he did not participate in the practices that led to the investigation.
He also outlined the five steps that the company is taking to correct the problems and says the number one priority is to make things right with certain trucking companies. "Our first goal, what we owe certain trucking companies. Get them paid back and get them paid back quickly," he said.
Haslam made a plea to regain the trust of the transportation industry and his customers.
He says in three or four weeks, Pilot will know how much those companies are owed.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting