KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after an explosion at Eastman Chemical Company.
Eastman tells News 5 the explosion happened around 10 p.m. Sunday night in one of the building's research facilities. We're told windows and doors were blown out of the facility, but the damage was limited.
One employee was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center but was released. Two other employees were taken to an on-site medical facility, and they were also released.
Eastman says they have notified regulatory authorities and have no reason to believe the explosion will harm the environment.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day