KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after an explosion at Eastman Chemical Company.
Eastman tells News 5 the explosion happened around 10 p.m. Sunday night in one of the building's research facilities. We're told windows and doors were blown out of the facility, but the damage was limited.
One employee was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center but was released. Two other employees were taken to an on-site medical facility, and they were also released.
Eastman says they have notified regulatory authorities and have no reason to believe the explosion will harm the environment.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane