KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after an explosion at Eastman Chemical Company.
Eastman tells News 5 the explosion happened around 10 p.m. Sunday night in one of the building's research facilities. We're told windows and doors were blown out of the facility, but the damage was limited.
One employee was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center but was released. Two other employees were taken to an on-site medical facility, and they were also released.
Eastman says they have notified regulatory authorities and have no reason to believe the explosion will harm the environment.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting