KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after an explosion at Eastman Chemical Company.
Eastman tells News 5 the explosion happened around 10 p.m. Sunday night in one of the building's research facilities. We're told windows and doors were blown out of the facility, but the damage was limited.
One employee was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center but was released. Two other employees were taken to an on-site medical facility, and they were also released.
Eastman says they have notified regulatory authorities and have no reason to believe the explosion will harm the environment.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome