KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An investigation is underway after an explosion at Eastman Chemical Company.
Eastman tells News 5 the explosion happened around 10 p.m. Sunday night in one of the building's research facilities. We're told windows and doors were blown out of the facility, but the damage was limited.
One employee was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center but was released. Two other employees were taken to an on-site medical facility, and they were also released.
Eastman says they have notified regulatory authorities and have no reason to believe the explosion will harm the environment.
- Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire