There's a scam alert warning buyers and sellers of homes in Tennessee.
We're told, within the past few days, state business officials have received fake letters addressed to real estate companies.
Those letters suggest there are claims against titles of residential properties.
According to Secretary of State Tre Hargett, the letters were submitted by the The French Trust and are postmarked from Portland, Oregon.
If you receive one of these letters, contact the Secretary of State's Business Services Division at 615-741-2286.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect