There's a scam alert warning buyers and sellers of homes in Tennessee.
We're told, within the past few days, state business officials have received fake letters addressed to real estate companies.
Those letters suggest there are claims against titles of residential properties.
According to Secretary of State Tre Hargett, the letters were submitted by the The French Trust and are postmarked from Portland, Oregon.
If you receive one of these letters, contact the Secretary of State's Business Services Division at 615-741-2286.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial