There's a scam alert warning buyers and sellers of homes in Tennessee.
We're told, within the past few days, state business officials have received fake letters addressed to real estate companies.
Those letters suggest there are claims against titles of residential properties.
According to Secretary of State Tre Hargett, the letters were submitted by the The French Trust and are postmarked from Portland, Oregon.
If you receive one of these letters, contact the Secretary of State's Business Services Division at 615-741-2286.
- 'Genius Hour' inspiring unique products from Bristol middle schoolers
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient