KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport hospital is celebrating 40-years of serving the community.
On March 1, 1974 Indian Path Medical Center treated its first patients.
Four decades later some of the same employees are still working at the hospital.
Eight employees have been there all 40 years.
Today at a celebration we caught up with one of the long-time nurses who talked about all the changes over the last four decades.
"We started ya know, we just wrote with a pen and we had wrote three colors. Barbara knight she said I had one that wrote three colors for different shifts. Now we do everything on the computer, ya know blood pressure, we have a machine for the blood pressure," says long-time LPN Judy Powers.
Indian Path Medical Center joined Mountain States Health Alliance in 1998.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day