KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport hospital is celebrating 40-years of serving the community.
On March 1, 1974 Indian Path Medical Center treated its first patients.
Four decades later some of the same employees are still working at the hospital.
Eight employees have been there all 40 years.
Today at a celebration we caught up with one of the long-time nurses who talked about all the changes over the last four decades.
"We started ya know, we just wrote with a pen and we had wrote three colors. Barbara knight she said I had one that wrote three colors for different shifts. Now we do everything on the computer, ya know blood pressure, we have a machine for the blood pressure," says long-time LPN Judy Powers.
Indian Path Medical Center joined Mountain States Health Alliance in 1998.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction