MADISONVILLE, Tenn. - While most colleges are raising their tuition and fees each year, one east Tennessee college is cutting tuition.
Hiwassee College in Madisonville, is slicing tuition $6,000 a year in an effort to help more students afford and education and be able to pay off debt after graduation.
Hiwassee is a private, four-year Christian-based college located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.
The school also says it will reduce the room and board rates, making annual tuition, fees housing and board about $19,600 a year.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting