MADISONVILLE, Tenn. - While most colleges are raising their tuition and fees each year, one east Tennessee college is cutting tuition.
Hiwassee College in Madisonville, is slicing tuition $6,000 a year in an effort to help more students afford and education and be able to pay off debt after graduation.
Hiwassee is a private, four-year Christian-based college located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.
The school also says it will reduce the room and board rates, making annual tuition, fees housing and board about $19,600 a year.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport