GREENBRIER, Tenn. - More than 100 people have been sickened in Middle Tennessee which led to 62 teachers, from four different schools, calling in sick on Friday. Now, state health officials say they have identified the sickness.
The Tennessee Department of Health says the outbreak of stomach illnesses is due to a norovirus. The Department says the outbreak is in Greenbrier, Tennessee.
Officials began investigating the sickness in the middle of the week.
Although they have not pin-pointed the source of the illness, health officials say it is not considered a threat to the community.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect