GREENBRIER, Tenn. - More than 100 people have been sickened in Middle Tennessee which led to 62 teachers, from four different schools, calling in sick on Friday. Now, state health officials say they have identified the sickness.
The Tennessee Department of Health says the outbreak of stomach illnesses is due to a norovirus. The Department says the outbreak is in Greenbrier, Tennessee.
Officials began investigating the sickness in the middle of the week.
Although they have not pin-pointed the source of the illness, health officials say it is not considered a threat to the community.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall