HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A local woman is facing eight years in jail after being sentenced on a vehicular homicide charge.
29-year-old Keila Rose Reed pleaded guilty to that charge, as well as reckless aggravated assault.
Police say Reed admitted to being on drugs the day she hit 80-year old Lucille Melton on East Main Street in Rogersville in April 2013.
Melton later died at the hospital.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools