HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A local woman is facing eight years in jail after being sentenced on a vehicular homicide charge.
29-year-old Keila Rose Reed pleaded guilty to that charge, as well as reckless aggravated assault.
Police say Reed admitted to being on drugs the day she hit 80-year old Lucille Melton on East Main Street in Rogersville in April 2013.
Melton later died at the hospital.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.