HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A local woman is facing eight years in jail after being sentenced on a vehicular homicide charge.
29-year-old Keila Rose Reed pleaded guilty to that charge, as well as reckless aggravated assault.
Police say Reed admitted to being on drugs the day she hit 80-year old Lucille Melton on East Main Street in Rogersville in April 2013.
Melton later died at the hospital.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81