HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A local woman is facing eight years in jail after being sentenced on a vehicular homicide charge.
29-year-old Keila Rose Reed pleaded guilty to that charge, as well as reckless aggravated assault.
Police say Reed admitted to being on drugs the day she hit 80-year old Lucille Melton on East Main Street in Rogersville in April 2013.
Melton later died at the hospital.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor