HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A local woman is facing eight years in jail after being sentenced on a vehicular homicide charge.
29-year-old Keila Rose Reed pleaded guilty to that charge, as well as reckless aggravated assault.
Police say Reed admitted to being on drugs the day she hit 80-year old Lucille Melton on East Main Street in Rogersville in April 2013.
Melton later died at the hospital.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy