HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Students of a local high school are grieving today after two classmates were killed and a third was injured in a Friday evening crash.
Jim Dykes, the principal of Volunteer High School, released a statement Monday morning. "The community is heartbroken," he said. "Our condolences are with the families involved. We are praying for the inured student."
Dykes tells News 5 extra counselors and clergy are on hand to talk with students.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol says 18-year-old William Nauert and 18-year-old Lacota "Cody" Allison were both killed Friday after the truck they were riding in hit a pole on Highway 11-E. Click here to read more.
The name of the teen who was hurt hasn't been released.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone