HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Students of a local high school are grieving today after two classmates were killed and a third was injured in a Friday evening crash.
Jim Dykes, the principal of Volunteer High School, released a statement Monday morning. "The community is heartbroken," he said. "Our condolences are with the families involved. We are praying for the inured student."
Dykes tells News 5 extra counselors and clergy are on hand to talk with students.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol says 18-year-old William Nauert and 18-year-old Lacota "Cody" Allison were both killed Friday after the truck they were riding in hit a pole on Highway 11-E. Click here to read more.
The name of the teen who was hurt hasn't been released.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash