HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - December 31, 2013 10:20 p.m. Update
The Tennessee Highway Patrol told News 5 a Rogersville man was killed in a crash in Hawkins County on Tuesday morning.
Troopers said 81-year-old Roland Ross was traveling northbound on Highway 11W when the car ran off the left side of the road.
Ross crossed into the southbound lane and hit an embankment and a tree.
He was wearing a seat belt but did not survive the crash.
December, 31, 2013 11:00 a.m. Update
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating a possible deadly crash in Hawkins County.
The crash happened on Highway 11-W, just east of State Highway 70 in Rogersville, Tuesday morning.
A Highway Patrol spokesperson told us a preliminary report is not yet complete on the crash.
We'll keep checking back with the THP and update the story later today online and on News 5 WCYB.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend