HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - December 31, 2013 10:20 p.m. Update
The Tennessee Highway Patrol told News 5 a Rogersville man was killed in a crash in Hawkins County on Tuesday morning.
Troopers said 81-year-old Roland Ross was traveling northbound on Highway 11W when the car ran off the left side of the road.
Ross crossed into the southbound lane and hit an embankment and a tree.
He was wearing a seat belt but did not survive the crash.
December, 31, 2013 11:00 a.m. Update
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating a possible deadly crash in Hawkins County.
The crash happened on Highway 11-W, just east of State Highway 70 in Rogersville, Tuesday morning.
A Highway Patrol spokesperson told us a preliminary report is not yet complete on the crash.
We'll keep checking back with the THP and update the story later today online and on News 5 WCYB.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81