SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE: According to Appalachian Power's website, power was fully restored to customers left in the dark by early Monday morning. Those outages were reported in Hawkins, Sullivan and Washington Counties Sunday night.
Appalachian Power is reporting 1,928 customers without power as of 10:50 p.m. Sunday.
Sullivan County, Tennessee was the hardest hit with 1,403 customers in the dark.
Hawkins County, Tennessee has 227 outages.
Washington County, Tennessee has 298 outage.
News 5 WCYB has contacted AEP who tells us a temporary transformer that was installed after an outage last week was not functioning properly on Sunday.
They started repairs about 10:30 p.m. Sunday and planned to start restoring power at 11:30 p.m.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon