HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Two women are facing charges in Hawkins County in separate cases involving TennCare fraud.
Tennessee's Department of Finance and Administration says 25 year old Whitney Cooper of Rogersville is charged with 8 counts of fraudulently using TennCare to obtain a controlled substance by doctor shopping.
She's accused of going to multiple doctors in a short period of time to get prescriptions.
42 year old Audrey Smith of Kingsport is also charged with TennCare fraud.
She's accused of getting Oxycodone by means of misrepresentation, fraud, or forgery and using TennCare to pay for the fraudulent prescriptions.
Both women could spend up to two years in prison for each charge if convicted.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- New Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman