HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Two people are behind bars and a baby is in state care after a weekend arrest.
Hawkins County deputies arrested Whitney Danielle Taylor and Seth Allen Cornelius this weekend at a home on Burem Road in Rogersville, charging both with child neglect.
When deputies arrived they say they found a baby covered in filth and feces. According to the arrest report, the child was wearing a diaper 'full of fecal matter, hanging approximately 6 to 8 inches' and with 'dry crusty fecal matter' on the child's back and legs. "The whole residence was really in bad shape. There was presence of alcohol and drug paraphernalia; cat food and dog food on the floor; dog feces on the floor, even on the mattresses. It was a very terrible environment," Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said.
They also found other animal feces throughout the house.
Deputies also found alcoholic beverages and drug paraphernalia in the home.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator