HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Two people are behind bars and a baby is in state care after a weekend arrest.
Hawkins County deputies arrested Whitney Danielle Taylor and Seth Allen Cornelius this weekend at a home on Burem Road in Rogersville, charging both with child neglect.
When deputies arrived they say they found a baby covered in filth and feces. According to the arrest report, the child was wearing a diaper 'full of fecal matter, hanging approximately 6 to 8 inches' and with 'dry crusty fecal matter' on the child's back and legs. "The whole residence was really in bad shape. There was presence of alcohol and drug paraphernalia; cat food and dog food on the floor; dog feces on the floor, even on the mattresses. It was a very terrible environment," Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said.
They also found other animal feces throughout the house.
Deputies also found alcoholic beverages and drug paraphernalia in the home.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect