HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Two Hawkins County men are facing theft charges, accused of stealing cows.
The Hawkins County Sheriff's Office says it happened Saturday on Prices Grove Road. Officers say they were contacted by the cattle owner who said 10 of his cows and a bull were missing.
According to the police report, the cattle were later spotted by Hamblen County deputies running at large in Morristown.
Officers say Dennis Murrell and Dustin Holloway were developed as suspects and later arrested and charged with theft over $10,000.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting