GATE CITY, Va. - Gate City Police say a traffic stop led to a marijuana bust and the arrest of a Rogersville, Tenn. woman.
29-year-old Rebecca Young is charged with DUI, possession of drugs and possession of marijuana. Gate City Police say they saw a blazer speeding on Highway 23 and when they stopped it, young appeared dazed and confused.
Police say she told them she took a prescribed drug. Officers say a search of her car led to the discovery of marijuana and Lortabs.
Young was taken to the Duffield Regional Jail. She has bonded out.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone