GATE CITY, Va. - Gate City Police say a traffic stop led to a marijuana bust and the arrest of a Rogersville, Tenn. woman.
29-year-old Rebecca Young is charged with DUI, possession of drugs and possession of marijuana. Gate City Police say they saw a blazer speeding on Highway 23 and when they stopped it, young appeared dazed and confused.
Police say she told them she took a prescribed drug. Officers say a search of her car led to the discovery of marijuana and Lortabs.
Young was taken to the Duffield Regional Jail. She has bonded out.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash