HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Strong winds and heavy rain caused damage in Hawkins County Monday night.
News 5 crews counted about two dozen trees down for several miles along Caney Valley Road. None of the trees landed on homes.
Michael Hepler had a large oak tree fall on his property. He tells News 5 he also lost nearly 200 bales of hay because of flood waters.
At Midway Church, folks are still cleaning up after a large tree fell, barely missing the building.
There have been no reports of injuries from the storm.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game