HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Strong winds and heavy rain caused damage in Hawkins County Monday night.
News 5 crews counted about two dozen trees down for several miles along Caney Valley Road. None of the trees landed on homes.
Michael Hepler had a large oak tree fall on his property. He tells News 5 he also lost nearly 200 bales of hay because of flood waters.
At Midway Church, folks are still cleaning up after a large tree fell, barely missing the building.
There have been no reports of injuries from the storm.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody