HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - More than 2,000 acres are burning in Hawkins County, Tennessee. View photos: Hawkins County fire
Emergency management director Gary Murrell says short mountain is burning.
Crews are trying to contain the fire. Nine departments are on the scene plus crews from the forestry service.
We're told the fire started Thursday.
Murrell says a hunter or an electric fence may have accidentally sparked the blaze.
They're also looking into three possible arsons in Hawkins County.
Investigators are near the Pressman's Home section of the county.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect