SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Some people in Southwest Virginia will be spending Saint Patrick's Day behind bars after operation 'shamrock shakedown.'
The Scott County Sheriff's Office had more than 70 warrants for people facing various drug charges at last check the sheriff's office have captured 42 people.
Scott County Sheriff John Puckett tells us it's a part of a year-long investigation handing out more than 250 charges including synthetic drugs, marijuana, and prescription pain killers.
Puckett tells us some of the suspects sold drugs to undercover deputies and other information they received from informants.
Puckett says they couldn't do it without help from the community. "Somebody comes and tells us that there is traffic coming in every two or three minutes at a house or somebody is stealing items and bringing a lot of stolen goods in and it helps us when we get information from the public," he said.
Sheriff Puckett tells us it'll take a few days to get all of the suspects rounded up.
If you have any information about any suspicious activity you're asked to contact the Scott County Sheriff's Office at (276) 386-7679.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor