HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Investigators are back on the scene of a weekend fire that forced more than a dozen senior citizens out of their homes in Hawkins County.
It happened around 2 p.m. Sunday at Burton Plaza, which is an assisted living facility. The EMS director tells us the fire started in a kitchen unit in the center apartment building.
Crews were able to put out the fire quickly, but not before it damaged several apartments in the building.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation. The Red Cross was called into help.
We'll have an update on the investigation tonight on News 5 WCYB.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death