HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Investigators are back on the scene of a weekend fire that forced more than a dozen senior citizens out of their homes in Hawkins County.
It happened around 2 p.m. Sunday at Burton Plaza, which is an assisted living facility. The EMS director tells us the fire started in a kitchen unit in the center apartment building.
Crews were able to put out the fire quickly, but not before it damaged several apartments in the building.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation. The Red Cross was called into help.
We'll have an update on the investigation tonight on News 5 WCYB.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon