HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - Investigators are back on the scene of a weekend fire that forced more than a dozen senior citizens out of their homes in Hawkins County.
It happened around 2 p.m. Sunday at Burton Plaza, which is an assisted living facility. The EMS director tells us the fire started in a kitchen unit in the center apartment building.
Crews were able to put out the fire quickly, but not before it damaged several apartments in the building.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation. The Red Cross was called into help.
We'll have an update on the investigation tonight on News 5 WCYB.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor