A Hawkins County man was killed in a single-vehicle crash late Sunday near Mooresburg, according to the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
Kenneth R. Cook, 27, of Rogersville, TN, was traveling north on Highway 11W when he lost control of his car on the right side of the road. The car went into a ditch then overturned, ejecting Cook, the THP report said.
The crash is still under investigation and the trooper working the crash noted that using a seat belt would have made a difference.
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County