Officials with Appalachian Power and its subsidiary Kingsport Power announced Monday a multi-million dollar project that will upgrade power infrastructure in Hawkins County.
The Nagel Substation Expansion will begin in a few weeks time with a completion scheduled for late 2019 and a price tag of $105 million, according to the company.
"The work will reduce congestion on the transmission grid and provide a more efficient and robust power system," said the report, which outlined the project details which include modernizing equipment and adding additional facilities to support a lower voltage.
The construction will take place on existing AEP property adjacent to Stanley Valley Road that is located 10 miles west of Kingsport. Hawkins County will have $2 million in tax revenue in their coffers annually, the report said.
- It's coach #3 for David Crockett as Musket Bowl approaches
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Toddler killed, mother injured in Greene Co. SUV crash
- Carter county proposal: regulating appearance of public and private property
- NC teen football player in medically induced coma after injury